Looking for a part-time Junior SEO and Content strategist to assist with editorial operations for SODP (the publication) and its clients.
Ultimately, you will help to ensure content is on brand and adds value to existing and potential readers and its customers. You will report to our lead content strategist and receive team support from me/Vahe (founder and director) and the broader team of specialists within the team pod.
- Produce long-form content in different formats
- Identify gaps in our/clients content and recommend new topics
- Create style guides and SurferSEO briefs to use as a reference for clients and for producing content
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword and technical SEO research to understand customers’/SERP needs
- Monitor web traffic and engagement and optimise to improve/iterate performance
- Coordinate with internal/client marketing and design teams/members for publishing articles in a timely manner
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Review and update published content as needed
- Proven work experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role
- A portfolio of b2b published articles
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, like WordPress
- Basic understanding of web publishing
- Familiarity with creating SEO guidelines, keyword research tools (e.g. Ahrefs and Google Keyword Planner) and the topic cluster approach
- Solid writing and editing skills in English Australian and American
- Comfortable using formulas and Google Sheets
- Time-management skills
- Ability to guide and motivate team members
- BSc in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
Training will be provided irrespective and an opportunity to level up quickly in a constantly evolving business, with the ability to meaningfully contributes in different areas (so don’t limit your path from this JD alone).
The successful candidate will then, pending the probationary period progress in a permanent role, in either: 1) a more technical & consulting focused role that will allow them to manage SODP client strategies end to end or 2) Take on a permanent managing editor role and help SODP (the publication) grow its audience and subscription revenue.